Artist TweedTone20R 20 Watt Tube Guitar Amplifier Combo + Footswitch
Add a Footswitch!
This pack includes:
- 1 x Artist TweedTone20R 20 Watt Tube Guitar Amplifier Combo
- 1 x Belcat FST22 Latching Footswitch for Amplifiers
Artist TweedTone20R 20 Watt Tube Guitar Amplifier Combo
The Artist Tweedtone20R amplifier provides a great vintage-voiced tone at an affordable price. The amp has 2 channels, clean and overdrive. As is typical of vintage amps the 20R has a footswitch jack on the back that allows you to switch between clean and dirty channels seamlessly. The footswitch is available at a small additional cost.
Each channel has an independent volume control, and the amp features a master volume across both channels. This adds clean headroom, and also means that you can really drive the Clean channel hard to get that nice warm breakup at levels that don't have to necessarily annoy your neighbours. Switching to the overdrive channel provides a thick, creamy overdrive that naturally lends itself to a subtle variety of harmonically rich blues and rock tones, and the extra gain on the Drive channel means you can keep the Master volume low and still get classic tube-distortion.
Playing around with different Master and Channel volumes will provide a vast array of vintage tones, and there is some serious volume on tap with 20W of tube power!
The 3-band EQ is highly responsive and allows for a vast array of tones to suit your personal preferences.
This amp is loaded with a high-performance Celestion Seventy-80 12 inch speaker for excellent all-around performance.
The Tech Features
Output Power: 20W(RMS)
Speaker: 1 x 12 inch, Celestion 70/80 Speaker
Speaker OHM: 8 ohm
- 2 x EL84 Power Tubes
- 3 x 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- INPUT - Connection to the instrument.
- CLEAN VOLUME - Sets the volume of the Clean channel.
- DRIVE BUTTON - Manually switch between the Clean and Drive channels.
- DRIVE GAIN - Sets the amount of gain or distortion in the overdrive channel.
- DRIVE VOLUME - Sets the volume of the Drive channel.
- TREBLE - Adjusts the high-frequency equalization range as required.
- MIDDLE - Gives active midrange equalization with boost & cut.
- BASS - Adjusts the low-frequency equalization range as required.
- MASTER VOLUME - Adjusts the overall volume of either the Clean. or ""Drive"" channels.
- MASTER REVERB - Adjusts the amount of reverb added to the normal signal.
- FOOTSWITCH INPUT - On the back of the amp. This switches the Clean and Drive channel. A footswitch is not included. (Please note, the drive button needs to be pressed in for this to work)
- STANDBY SWITCH - Switches the amp in/out of standby power mode. Wait until 30 seconds after the power switch is turned on to prolong your tube life.
- POWER SWITCH - Main amplifier ON & OFF.
Dimensions: in MM 495W x 445H x 255D in Inch's 19.5W x 17.5H x 10D
Weight: 18.5Kg / 41 lbs
Optional Accessories: Belcat FST22 Latching Footswitch
Power Consumption: 85W
Power Plug: (See our blog post for more details)
- AU & NZ: 240V with AU/NZ Plug
- UK: 230V with a UK plug (with a 13a fuse in the plug)
- USA: 120V with a USA 3 pin plug
About this Belcat FST22 Amplifier Latching Foot Switch
This is a simple latching footswitch for channel switching of your amp.
A Latching footswitch will remain on once pressed down, unlike a non-latching footswitch which will remain in the ""on"" status only for as long as you depress the switch.
Note: This is not suitable for keyboard sustain or a drum sample pedal.
The Tech Features
Channel Switch: 1 (mono signal)
Cable Length: 1.4m
Who gave this only four stars?By: Michael on 14 October 2021Absolutely unbelievable performance for the price. If fact, this amp sounds and looks stunning at any price. I haven't played every amp in the world but I cannot imagine anything sounding noticably better for what I play (country, blues, Americana) with my Melbert eight string lap steel.
By: Artist GuitarsThank you so much for taking the time to share this feedback. We really appreciate the support!
Who gave this only four stars?By: Michael on 8 October 2021I ordered my Artist TeedTone 20R without playing through one based on Shane from "In the Blues" review. I've only had it one day but I absolutely love it. I haven't played every amp in the world, but for what I play (country, blues and Americana mostly) on an eight string Melbert lap steel guitar, I can't image any amp sounding noticably better. Looks great too; even better in the "flesh" than photos. If I could give six stars I would, and not just because of the amazing price. It's just an awesome sounding, fantastic looking amp.
By: Artist GuitarsThank you very much for your awesome feedback on the amp. This really means a lot to us. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. We're always here for you. Stay safe!
Tweedtone 20 ampBy: Greg Gilbert on 16 August 2019Gteat sounding amp. Incredibly professional and prompt service. Thanks Artist
very niceBy: glenby on 25 July 2019nice unit, probably better than my blues junior that has been modded. the sound is "bigger" than a BJ3 due to larger cabinet. very happy with it.
TweedToneBy: David Holdforth on 9 November 2018I was looking at a small head amp with Aux, Headphone, Bluetooth function very cleaver and a super price, I asked the sales guy to plug in the TweedTone (no Aux, Headphone or Bluetooth) just for a sound comparison. The sound difference blew me away and was just what I had been trying to achieve, makes a massive difference to my LP59. I bought it on the spot Great decision! Thank you Artist.