Adjust an Electric guitar's Intonation
Author: Artist Guitars
There are a couple of secret's to correct intonation on an Electric
Before you adjust you intonation make sure you do the following 3
1. Have a new set of strings (at your favourite gauge on the guitar)
Older strings will not intonate as well as new strings.
2. Have you action adjusted to the correct setting
If your action height increases or decreases it will affect your
intonation, so you need to set your action height first
3. Have your guitar perfectly in tune
After you have done these 3 steps adjusting your intonation is quite
1. Tune the string to exactly the correct pitch.
2. Lightly press on the 12th fret and play the note, see if this is in
3. If the fretted note is sharp move the saddle backwards (away from
4. If the fretted note is flat move the saddle forwards (towards the
For more information check out this article on wikihow